We knock in all cricket bats whether it's a Fantail, Gunn & Moore or Spartan.
Get a full & comprehensive knocking in service for your new cricket bat We offer the most comprehensive knocking in service available.
This service includes the following:
- We apply two coats of linseed oil. Linseed oil helps the cricket bat to retain its own moisture and reduces the rate of cracking due to allowing the fibres to stretch rather than crack.
- The knocking process starts with the edges and toe of the bat we do this by hand using a wooden mallet as these are the weakest and most vulnerable areas of the bat.
- It then moves on to our Smart Knock knocking in machine. Which does all that a human can do but better as it has complete control of each strike with placement and power. It works its way slowly up and down the blade while moving across the blade simultaneously. We slowly increase the knocking power to build the bat up to a level where it is ready to be used in a net session.
The machine stops when it gets to 20 000 knocks. We then remove it and take it to our net where we run it through a couple of tests to make sure it’s properly knocked in.
We then add a coat of our Fantail Bat wax. Bat Wax acts like a traditional Linseed oil by nourishing the willow and the bees wax offers a protective coat by sealing the grain from any excess moisture.
Please Note: There is no warranty on non Fantail branded bats that have been knocked in by us
Please allow at least 3 working days for the knocking in process to be completed.
- Free if you pick up your order from our St Johns, Auckland, New Zealand store
Click here for international & domestic shipping options & prices
- Free shipping worldwide on most orders over $250NZD. Find out if your destination qualifies here: Shipping Rates
Purchase your cricket bat full refurbishment online and send us your bat to be repaired.
Postal & Store Address:
84C Elizabeth Knox Place